
Well, when I first heard of evolution (i wish i could remember exactly when that was!) i imagine that Darwin was referred to in the same breath. It seems that he is esteemed as the grandfather of evolutionary thought. Being that i went to Catholic school most of my life, i doubt that i learned much more about darwin than this. So, it is not until later in my life that i have begun to learn more about this man. Although, I'm sure that the concept of evolution was pondered much before this one man and by people of various cultures, his theories have stuck around and given birth to the amazing discoveries of our evolution/devolution. I like reading about darwin. I'd like to know more about him. he obviously had a passion for the life that he was observing, and while he put humans at the top of the evolutionary scale (the "fittest" of the bunch), i appreciate his recognition of the overall "grandeur" of it all.
1 comment:
I feel like most people believe that the concepts by Darwin make sense, evolution of a species over time given the environment. I think that creationism theory is something that has to be taught and is an un-natural way of thinking. Who would ever just think that beings just got plopped on the earth and they just survived in the same format that they were created thousands and thousands of years ago. I mean look how much damage we're doing to our species as a humans to genetically modify ourselves in the past 50 years!
Post a Comment